Thanksgiving is a challenge if you’re on program and can also be a challenge in maintenance.
Even though you can count it as an indulgence day it’s good to keep best practices in mind.
We have a few tips and recipes that will help you stay on track:
 Always have a plan:
– Make sure to eat before you go, whether it’s a healthy snack or Ideal Protein food. It’s the oldest trick in the book, but it works.
– Bring a nice bottle of Pellegrino instead of wine.
– Bring a side dish that is Ideal Protein friendly.
 Pre-determine how you are going to respond to social pressures.
– “I’m full”
– “I have allergies”
– “I’ve been prescribed a medical protocol that reduces carbs and sugars”
– “I’m driving”
– “I’m taking a prescription and can’t drink alcohol”
 Write out your “WHY”. Why are you on this journey? Improving your health, reducing medications, being able to play with your grandchildren, the list goes on… What’s most important to you? Write it down and put it on your bathroom mirror, keep a copy with you to pull out if you need the reminder.
 Change your focus. We usually think of holiday’s as time to eat and drink, turn that around and think of it as time to spend time with friends and family.
 Stay in touch with us! Even if you are in the Lifestyle Phase, check-in, we’re here to support you.
Even with the best of intentions sometimes a slip up can happen. The most important thing to remember is you need to minimize it. If you have a little nibble of something unintended don’t think to yourself “well I blew it, I might as well eat as much and whatever I want and start again
The more calories and carbs you consume the longer it will take for you to get back on track.