Making meals loaded with veggies is key to success in phases 2 and 3 of the Ideal Protein Protocol.
Brussels Sprout Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
IDEAL PROTEIN PHASE 2/3 | SERVINGS: 4 | IP MACROS PER SERVING: 2 Fat and 2 cups Veggies plus 2 servings protein if you add 6 oz protein – tofu, chicken, prawns
- 4 cups of Brussels sprouts ( cut in halves lengthwise)
- 2 cup red bell pepper, cubed
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tbsp red chilli flakes
- 2 cups Konjac noodles or zucchini noodles
- 1 cup fresh cilantro to garnish
- 1/2 cup green onion to garnish
- 4 fresh lime wedges to garnish
- 4 x 6 oz protein of choice (Tofu, chicken, etc)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbs Bragg or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Stevia to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauce: Combine the first six ingredients and mix to fully combine. Add water slowly until desired consistency is reached. Add stevia, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Protein: cook your protein as desired. ( 4 x 6oz portions)
- Stir fry: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown (3-8 minutes depending on how you like your Brussels sprouts). Add the bell peppers and mushrooms and cook for another 3-4 min. Reduce the heat and add the chilli flakes.
- Rinse the Konjac noodles and add them to the skillet.
- Add the sauce and warm everything for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to 4 bowls, add 6oz protein and garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions and a lime wedge.
- You can also add 1 serving of nuts on top to increase your healthy fat serving for the day.
submitted by Coach Isabelle